On December 15, 2015, the Santo Domingo Tribe attained the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Program. It is direct funding from the federal government for the administration of Tribal TANF Program. The grant cycle is a duration of three years, (1/1/2016 – 12/31/2018)
The Mission of Santo Domingo TANF is to engage in self-sufficiency with the skills, knowledge and tools that are culturally relevant to the families and participants of Santo Domingo Pueblo.
“A Tribal Community free from need and assistance through the empowerment of supports, education, and employment for the development of self-sufficient families.”
The Tribal TANF program will provide the following:
- Temporary cash assistance
- Employment Referral Services
- Education Referral Services
- Support Services
- Must be an enrolled member of Santo Domingo Tribe.
- Must be 18 years old with dependent children.
- Must be residing on the Santo Domingo Tribe Reservation.
- Tribal Census ID or Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Medicaid Cards
- Driver’s license or Identification Card
- Household’s most recent utility bill (even if not in your name)
- Earned/Unearned Income (check stubs/self-employment records, income tax returns)
- SNAP/Food Stamps Award Letter
- Mail to verify your address
- Residency Verification ( if required)
- High School Diploma/GED
1.Complete an application to determine eligibility. If eligible, the application for cash assistance and services is good for one year, with monthly reporting and a six month review.
2.Applicants must provide proof of individual, family, or household income, which may include employment earnings, self-employment earnings, receipt of public assistance and disability benefits.
3.All eligible participants must actively participate in approved work activities, educational training, and other services to maintain eligibility for all assistance, and services.
4.All participants must remain in good standing status to receive support services.
Population & Service Area
The established service area and eligible service population for the Santo Domingo TANF Program:
Santo Domingo Tribal land/reservation.
Santo Domingo Tribal members
Santo Domingo Tribal TANF Program
P.O. Box 40
Santo Domingo, NM 87052
PH: (505) 465-2728 ext 2558
FAX: (505) 465-0181